Photomontage of the HM3  2 Comments


 



This report had been delayed for some months now as I found myself rather at odds with it. While it took me some time to process the photographs - I kept wanting to put off writing and publishing the report. I had earlier reported my views of the watch although I had not yet publish my images.

There was after all much fanfare heralding the launch of the HM3, a watch that had been covered by almost all the important watch magazines and forums. The HM3 was an attempt to break with the norm by pushing the boundaries of how to tell time with a two cut-off cone displays. A watch that crys out for attention and for those who seek cutting edge design. Priced at over 100,000SGD, its not for the faint of heart as well.

A watch which I had looked forward to viewing and photographing. It is exciting and ground breaking in terms of design but it does not ring out to me like a Vianney Halter Antiqua does - in terms of being a design piece. Possibly it could be that I am a classicallist and that a watch should be able to provide the wearer effortless means to read the time. I think the HM3 is the hardest to read of all the models offered by Max Busser.

But I am beginning to see a niche market of collectors who do not buy watches to tell time but to be seen as having something definitively special and identifiable from the rest of the collectors. I think this watch is targetted for that audience.

But does it deserve its price tag and all the attention it has received? Look for yourself and be the judge. Click on the image to see the collection of images.

- HT

 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites