Breguet Chain & Fusee Tourbillon Wallpaper  6 Comments


 



Some time ago I photographed the working model of this large but beautiful timepiece at the Tempus II. It was there I managed to capture one of my all time favourite watch photographs (see it here).

This week, I was invited by The Hour Glass to photograph the first piece to be delivered to a client. What an exciting prospect I thought. Photographing this watch again, reminded me why I was impressed with it the first time. The Breguet Chain & Fusee Tourbillon is the sum of all things I find great about horology. Classicalism in design and philosophy yet employing the latest materials and techniques without allowing it to overpower the character of the watch. An impressive watch without having to add aesthetic embellishments to its technical achievements - the huge tourbillon cage and balance wheel with a partially hidden chain and fusee mechanism. There are only two brands that is capable of manufacturing chain & fusee watches and the other is Lange & Sohne - what wonderful company this watch keeps.

Breguet could have gone overboard and finished the movement dial in such a manner that it would have high polish with geneve stripes but it correctly steered the path of less is more. The watch conveyed an aura of a pocket watch that it had transcended unscathed the centuries to be on the wrist today. If I had to pick one single watch that represents Breguet to me today, it would be this watch for its history, technical achievement and subtle design that underscores Breguet's capability to create truly classical watches of tomorrow. My heartiest congratulations to the new owner of this gem of a watch.

Come back soon to see my other images of this monumental watch in the days ahead.
As always, please note that your downloading of the wallpaper signifies your agreement to use the image purely for personal use as a wallpaper and that you will not amend or alter the image in any way nor convey it forward to any user or site. I reserve all my copyrights over my images.

- HT

(my thanks to Hour Glass for allowing me to photograph this watch on its Millennia branch)

 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites