Lange Datograph Pisa Photomontage  3 Comments


 



After having processed the images of this watch, I came to realise that this is the fourth time I have photographed the Datograph (in different colour models - twice of the platinum and once of the rose gold model in comparison with the Glashuette Original Panoretrograph). Its probably an unconcious choice for me to return to photograph what I consider to be the most beautiful choronograph movement in the world (I would like to say the most beautiful movement by far but I have not photographed that many - yet).

While I believe that one day I will have this watch on my wrist, the ongoing internal debate I have is which guise should it be. The current variation of only two metals - platinum with black and white subdial and the rose gold with white dial. Both are to me, conjure different emotions. The platinum is the original, stealth, heavy yet distinctly Lange. The rose gold is far more genteel and for some reason, somewhat more refined to the eye compared to the platinum.

The PISA is an aberration of the design that is a beautiful combination of platinum with silver dial. It reminds me of the Patek 5070 for some reason. But for me, its a beautiful watch and I would like to congratulate and thank the owner for letting me photograph it (he asked to remain anonymous).

Check out the photomontage here to see the watch for yourself and for Datograph fans, just remember that there are only ten of these in the world.

- HT

 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites