Grand Seiko SBGM001  2 Comments


 



There is only one addictive quality of Grand Seiko watches and that is its consummate quality of materials and finish. This particular piece, a SBGM001 belongs to me and I have had it since January this year and despite enjoying everything about it, I only just realised that I had neglected photographing it. It probably has to do with the fact that I had been distracted by the photographing important and rare watches belonging to friends and those at the Authorised Dealers (under tight schedules due to work commitments). Nevertheless, I am resolute to make sure that over the weeks ahead, I will be publishing more images of this GS.

In the image above, I had replaced the wonderfully made bracelet with a black crocodile strap on a OEM butterfly deployant. The change gives the watch a different character. Much less business like but still wearable to the office and being a Seiko, its stealthy to all save for aficionados of the brand. In time, I hope to try out a Kevlar strap - hopefully with red threading to see if it can create a more sporty look overall.

So far I have yet to successfully capture how the enamel like dial looks like there is a film of smooth water over it. With the applied markers and wonderful hands anglaged to perfection the face of the watch is clearly the hallmark of this model. This and other GS watches cannot be described as inexpensive but I believe I am not alone in describing them as works that far exceed the quality found in similar priced Swiss watches.

If you are a GS fan, come back soon to check out additional images of this piece.

- HT

 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites