RECEPTION & VIEWING OF THE GP VINTAGE 1945 JACKPOT TOURBILLON  2 Comments


 



On the evening of 21st June, Cortina (authorised retailer) and FJ Benjamin (authorised distributor) co-hosted a small gathering of collectors for a private viewing of the huge GP Jackpot Vintage Tourbillon. At the viewing, I had a few minutes to photograph the Jackpot with the kind permission of GP brand manager, Edourd Henn. I will share the images of the close up of the Jackpot later here when I finally process them.
This is a the biggest luxury timepiece I have ever seen. When I heard the GP announcement on this watch, I was very surprised that any brand would actually build a luxury watch this size and put in a working three barrel jackpot with lever arm.
This watch is not one for the faint hearted both in overall look or price tag (excess of S$800k). I am not a gambler myself but I believe that GP is no novice in understanding their market. There are some top end collectors who are high rollers. I am sure for these individuals, this watch is not just unique but desirable.

Do check out the report of the reception by my good friend Tay Kok Choon, the moderator of GP Forum at Horomundi (with photos by me) and see how the watch sits on the wrist at the link HERE.

 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites